Going Global

Monday, November 07, 2005

Speed of Sound

Woke up this morning feeling the 'Guinness effect' which basically involved me needing the bathroom for some time and a pot, preferably a LARGE pot of tea! So stumbling downstairs to the kitchen in the hostels I found some bagels and apple juice BUT the tea was cold and pretty much non-existent. Now this hostel is actually pretty good, hey they provide breakfast and even evening meals three times a week but believe me when they say FREE TEA AND COFFEE they certainly arn't telling the truth!

So I head to the kitchen to ask, no beg, the kitchen lady to help with this dire emergency. The girl is about 20, small with blond hair and very very French. She turns lifts her shoulders and says 'never mind'! This comment was made worse when she followed it up with 'why don't you get a cold cup of tea and heat it in the microwave'!!!! My friend, whose also English, summarised how this comment felt to me quite well - 'its like walking over your grave'! Damn right!!!

The interesting thing about this hostel is the people. For example their is a 60 year old bald guy who seems to not belong anywhere and when I got here he was demonstrating how to do pressups in the middle of the computer room! Very weird and strange indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home