Going Global

Thursday, June 08, 2006

update

As some of you might know I am no longer travelling. A few weeks back I got a phone call when I was in the middle of no-where rural China informing me that my nan had passed away. Although I love travelling its at times like this that you realise the imporantance of family so I headed back home at break-neck speed. I was largely raised by my grandparents and my nan seemed very fit and healthy so it has come as a bit of a shock to myself and the rest of the family.

I think I got from Kunming to Newton Abbot in 35 hours! This involed two taxi's, two plans, 1 train and 1 underground and lots of movement! When I walked through the door of my grandads place in Devon I felt emotionally and physically drained but it was good to be there for the family at a hard time for us all.

I shall endeavour to update the blog from my journals when I get round to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home