Going Global

Monday, April 17, 2006

Let the journey commence

It's very weird how things can change remarkably so quickly, one minute I was booking a bus to Pokhara, the next I had decided to fly instead to Thailand thousands of miles away. The reason being the protest, burning tyres, shottings and associated problems one finds in an uprising by the people!

So I found myself in a matter of a few days in Thailand contemplating what I was going to do for the next few months. I had intended to travel overland from the south of India to London via Nepal onto Tibet and into China. However, the uprising in Nepal swiftly put a stop to this intended itineria. So instead I am contemplating a different 'route' home. Starting in Thailand I head into northern Laos, down to the capital picking up a visa for Vietnam. Then crossing into Vietnam I head north into Southern China. Then working my way from Kumming north I head to Chengdu, then Xi'an and finally onto Beijing. With a fairly lengthy pitstop in Beijing I then either head through Mongolia and Russia home or go the old 'Silk Route' through the 'stans' into Russia and then to Europe. Whatever happens I have to be back in the UK for my uncles wedding on the 5th August.

Let the journey commence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home